Easter is right around the corner and it helps to get some ideas to jump start the motivation to discover fun items that your children will enjoy! This will be one of two parts, one post for Easter Basket Ideas for Girls! And followed by one for boys! One of our wonderful sweet girls here at HK, Sara, has put together some great ideas generated from her own childhood and her experience working with children. We hope this will be inspirational to your Easter hunt for little treasures for your children.
I love what Sara wrote to me about her parents, “…Growing up our Easter baskets were always filled with things that our parents were eventually going to have to get us later for Summer. I don’t blame them, it was actually pretty smart! So that’s why I have included things like the new pair of goggles and summer shoes…”
Her parents were smart, I agree!
Okay, so here is the run down from Sara. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
1. A new pair of goggles! I have found out kids don’t always survive swimming without their goggles. I took a child to the pool for the afternoon. We walked in and set our stuff down and began to get ready to get in. As soon as she opened her bag and realized her goggles weren’t there she looked at me and said, “Come, let’s leave.” I tried to make it better by saying, “No, it’s totally fine! You can just open your eyes under water!” She looked at me like I had just committed a crime, so we left. This certain pair is straight out of target. Check them out!
2. Flip-Flops! These are “Volatile” flip flops. They are a great neutral shoe that kids and parents can agree on. A little bit of a wedge that makes girls feel big, but not look inappropriate.
3. Giant Donut Pool Float! Just something new, fun, and trendy kids seem to like these days. Also from target.
4. Diamond Ring Pool Float is another great pool! Another new and trendy pool float from Target.
5. TKEES flip flops are super-duper awesome. These flip flops are popular in the adult world, too. Just a simple flip flop with a brand some parents will recognize. They also come in silver, rose gold, black, tan, gold.
6. Whiffer Sniffers! These are so cute! They clip on backpacks and are scented. Thats it. Its that simple. Very popular and the more the better! Kids are all into a little “Backpack Bling” these days. Sold for $8.95 a pop.
7. Double Bubble Eggs! They are yummy and fun. They are mini eggs that come in that adorable little carton that you can open and close.
8. Sour Punch Straws are yummy! Honestly, these are really just a personal favorite. But I know kids like them too. They are hollow so you can drink through them and come in several different flavors. This link is for a giant pack of them.
9. Essie Finger Nail Polish. I’m linking the new Spring 2017 Collection. Just a fun little goodie that girls like. This is the Essie link, but I’m sure you can get them at Target, Sephora, Ulta, possibly even CVS/Walgreens!
Don’t forget to check out our next post on ideas for little boys’ Easter baskets, links included!
For Hannah Kate